free cosworth?

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

free cosworth?

#1 Post by rich. » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:18 pm

http://passionford.com/forum/general-ca ... 450-a.html

be aware of your projects left in the garden..
borrowed this link from another place.

mach1rob

Re: free cosworth?

#2 Post by mach1rob » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:10 am

Hmm, I read a few pages, then just skimmed the rest, I reckon he'd be a bit miffed if an insurance or finance company turned up on his door to retrieve their car!

TerryG

#3 Post by TerryG » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:43 pm

A finance company would have appeared by now. When working for an accident repair ctr while I was a student when cars were not collected after 3 months they would apply for the V5. This almost allways prompted finance companies to appear to reclaim cars. They got to keep quite a few after giving the finance company the repair bill to settle before the car could be released.
Proving ownership of a car isn't very hard, you just need to write yourself a receipt saying you purchased it from John Smith. The other person has to prove you have stolen it and it was not sold.

We have had 2 cars dumped on the farm over the last few years, called the police and they want to charge you to remove them. One was eventually removed by an insurance company, the other was left for over a year in the yard so we weighed it in.

I am damn jealous he got himself a "free" cozzie, even if he couldn't afford to keep it.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

OneCarefulOwner

#4 Post by OneCarefulOwner » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:21 pm

That's an oldie but goodie. Reminds me, there's an abandoned car up the road from work... Not worth saving, but may be worth weighing in :)
…that's why Allegro will look as good 5 years from now as it does today.
If I was allowed a sigpic, this would be it
Twitter | Blog | DropBox