What is your dream classic?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Maaarrghk

Re: What is your dream classic?

#11 Post by Maaarrghk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:07 am

You're a sick sick sick sick man rich. :lol:

JPB

#12 Post by JPB » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:38 am

:mrgreen: Oh no he isn't! Those K10s are where it's at. Especially 3 door, CVT versions in red with a limited edition flag on the rump that takes the form of a drag quean's name; Collette, etc.

Apologies to any drag queans who may be reading, I'm not suggesting that you have any commercial affiliation with Datsun. :)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

SEE YA

#13 Post by SEE YA » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Well after four restoration's and near the end on my wife's Beetle after 6 years.

What is next for me first thing the house move, 2 post car lift and a nice warm garage that is my classic dream.

Then maybe something else ?. ;)
EVERY MILE IS A SMILE

MidgetSaab

#14 Post by MidgetSaab » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Another car I've always fancied and never seen a good one is a Riley Pathfinder.

vintagemotor

#15 Post by vintagemotor » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Another All time favorite of mine is the Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi but finding an unmolested one now must be hard
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena"

m.thaddeus

#16 Post by m.thaddeus » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:24 pm

1967 BATMOBILE.

SEE YA

#17 Post by SEE YA » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:49 pm

How big is your garage :D
EVERY MILE IS A SMILE

mr rusty
Location: Harlow, the birthplace of fibreoptic communication, as the town sign says.

#18 Post by mr rusty » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Easy, no contest...........a Chapron bodied DS!!!
1968 Triumph Vitesse Mk1 2 litre convertible, Junior Miss rusty has a 1989 998cc Mk2 Metro, Mrs Rusty has a modern common rail diesel thing.

bnicho

#19 Post by bnicho » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Martin Evans wrote: I expect you have just a tad more opportunity for it in Australia ;)
I live in one of the cooler regions of Australia and the weather is a bit unpredictable. The local jokes are "If you don't like the weather in Melbourne, just wait five minutes." and "Melbourne - Four seasons in one day."

I was in London in December 2008 and I was surprised that it was pretty mild. It was 13 degrees C when I got on the plane at Heathrow and the same temp when I got off in Melbourne. But a few weeks later we had some 45+ degree C days here.

But yes, I reckon the weather here is generally better than the UK. I love getting the Moke out with the top down whenever I can. There is nothing better than limitless sky above and being out there with the world rather than cocooned in a tin box. I don't care where I am going, I just want to drive for the fun of it. The irony is that some summer days it's just too hot to take the Moke out, as I'd end up sunburnt in about five minutes.

Cheers,
Brett Nicholson
1965 Morris Mini Traveller - Trixie
1966 Austin Mini Super-Deluxe - Audrey
1969 Morris Mini Van - Desert Assault Van
1971 Morris Moke - Mopoke
1974 VW Super Beetle - Olive
2009 Nissan Pathfinder

JPB

#20 Post by JPB » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:54 pm

bnicho wrote:....I love getting the Moke out with the top down whenever I can. There is nothing better than limitless sky above and being out there with the world rather than cocooned in a tin box. I don't care where I am going, I just want to drive for the fun of it. The irony is that some summer days it's just too hot to take the Moke out, as I'd end up sunburnt in about five minutes......
:evil:

Shut yer gob please! :cry: ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: